1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons milk
3 cups diced Granny Smith apples, about 2 apples
1 cup lightly toasted chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
Glaze: Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and stir until smooth. Set the bowl aside.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a Bundt pan or tube pan.
2. In a bowl, mix together the apples, walnuts, vanilla, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Using an electric mixer beat the sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Add in the dry ingredients and beat until completely combined. Fold in the apple mixture.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
5. Allow the cake to fully cool in the pan, about 1 hour, and then turn it out onto a plate.
6. Drizzle the apple cake with some of the honey glaze, serve and enjoy!
The cake can be wrapped tightly and stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.