Monday, September 13, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Toss 3 sliced peaches with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; set aside until juicy, about 30 minutes. Whip 1 cupheavy cream until it thickens, then beat in 4 teaspoons brown sugar. Add 4 teaspoonsbourbon and beat until soft peaks form. Layer the peaches and cream in dessert glasses; top with toasted pecans.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 recipe Orange Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
Stir together flour, granulated sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add butter, eggs, orange extract, and orange zest. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and set. Remove from oven, allow to cool and pierce entire cake with a fork. Spread the Orange Cream Cheese Frosting over completely cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
In a large mixing bowl, whip the butter and cream cheese together with a hand-held electric mixer. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until it is all combined and smooth. Beat in the orange zest and juice. Spread over brownies.
Yield: enough frosting for 1 batch of brownies